- Supervisor is any worker that instructs, directs and controls workers in their duties
- Can be any worker – management or staff
- No requirement for supervisor title
- Responsible for health and safety of workers
- Provide a workplace that are free from recognized hazards
- Comply with the safety and health standards
As a best practice, when scheduling safety training, supervisors should be in attendance with their team members so that ‘everyone is on the same page’. This is something that really goes beyond best practice though and extends to common sense, how can someone properly conduct a safety analysis if they are not recently trained themselves to do so? A supervisor that is present in training programs aids in creating a positive safety culture by demonstrating first hand that safety training is important.